- LATEST HEADLINES
- THE MAGAZINE
In this day and age, I’m sure that you’ve heard of Yahoo, one of the world’s most visited home pages and a source of information for all. Did you know that Yahoo has a question and answer forum called “Yahoo Answers”? It’s a place for readers to ask and answer pressing questions on a wide variety of topics. Anyone can participate, but after reading some of the Q&A, I feel that maybe some screening needs to take place.
I present to you some honest-to-goodness construction and non-construction related questions currently found on the Yahoo Answers site. I will let you have the fun of looking up the answers yourself, but I’ve included some of my responses.
1. How do I get construction workers to stop checking out my girlfriend? (Get an uglier girlfriend)
2. What should I do about my wife? (We can go many different ways here, but do you wish to avoid a jail term?)
3. Why do construction workers always make so much noise? (They wear earplugs and cannot hear themselves)
4. How drunk should I get at my family dinner tonight? (Is it your family or your wife’s family having the dinner?)
5. Why do excavators have gas caps? ( No response for this one)
6. If an identical twin commits a crime, would both twins be put on trial? (Depends on the crime)
7. How is construction work carried out in England considering it rains so often there? ( All work must be done in giant umbrella domes)
Can you think of any serious and thought provoking questions that you would like to add? Please feel free to share.
Speaking of serious and thought provoking, thanks to all who commented on my last blog regarding our impending labor shortage. I received many responses from both sides of the “debate” and in my next blog, will share the results of discussions on this topic at the recent AGC HR/TED conference as well as more facts and figures relating to the topic. Thanks for reading and commenting!